The Department of Homeland Security announced that the 33,000 H-2B cap for the second half of fiscal 2017 was reached on March 13. According to DHS, March 13, 2017 is the “final receipt date” for H-2B worker petitions for fiscal year 2017. The “final receipt date” is the date on which USCIS determines that it has received enough cap-subject petitions to reach the annual limit of 66,000 H-2B workers.
What Can You Do?
This is a long list but we hope all H-2B employers will do each of the items below to help compel quick Congressional action!
· Call your Senators and Representative and ask them to pass the H-2B returning worker exemption or other cap relief immediately (Capitol Switchboard at 202-225-3121). Once connected to the office, ask to speak to the person who handles H-2B issues and stress the immediate need for cap relief.
· Encourage your employees, co-workers, customers and suppliers to also call their Senators and Representatives.
· Set up meetings locally or in Washington, DC with your Senators and Representative.
· Email your Senators and Representative.
· Email us a quote about the impact of the cap on your business and your American workers. We would like to catalogue as many stories as possible out the impact of the cap of your company, your workers and your customers. Please understand that the quotes you provide will be shared with lawmakers or share on the H-2B Workforce Coalition’s FaceBook page. Please email your quotes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.